BSS Exam Application
To become eligible to receive a BSS Designation, a member in good standing of a provincial Building Envelope Council (BEC), who has met the professional experience requirements, must also successfully completed the following Professional Exams offered by The the Building Science Specialist Board which include:
- Building Science Theory
- Building Envelope Systems
- Materials & Mechanical Systems
A minimum final exam mark of 65% must be achieved in each of the above-noted exams.
Learning Objectives - How to prepare for the Exam
Learning objectives for each exam can be found on the BSSB website under Learning Objectives page. Please be sure to review this material carefully in order to fully prepare for the exam. You will find links to courses and reference materials to assist with your preparation on our BSS Exam Courses page.
Where and When can you write the Exams?
Exams will be written simultaneously at centres in 9 centres accross the Country. Please see our Exam Dates & Locations page for detailed Infomation.
Candidates MUST bring an electronic calculator to the exam
- Sharp EL-520X, Sharp EL-520W
- Casio FX-991, Casio FX-991EX, Casio FX-991ES Plus, Casio FX-991MS
Registration & Cancellation Policies
- Registration for each exam must be made a minimum of one month in advance.
- Your registration will not be processed until full payment is received.
- Notice of cancellation must be made in writing.
- A $100 cancellation fee (plus HST) will apply for cancellations received up to 7 business days before the exam sitting.
- Within 7 business days of the exam date, no refunds will be issued.
- All cancellations MUST be made in writing.
Mark Check | Re-mark
A Student may request their mark be reviewed. Student’s must complete the Exam Mark Check | Re-mark form below. The fee for a Mark Check | Re-mark is $200.00, should there be a change to the student’s final grade, a fee of $125.00 will be refunded.